Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Bejlernes Kamp - Battle of the Suitors

So this weekend I went to Bejlernes Kamp (Battle of the Suitors) on Zealand. The theme was viking, and since I never made Viking costumes before, I was somewhat at a loss.
However, with some help, I did come up with two outfits.
The fist, a lilac apron wool dress with home made embroidered ribbons, and a huge embroidery of Ask Ygdrasil, where the roots turn into Mjölner. To go with it, a grey linen dress with detail embroidery by the neck and sleeves.
The second, a pair of traditional Viking pants, made from wool we raided in Scotland! And with it, I wore a white shirt form Romania and sometimes a home made wool sweater.

All of this was of course accompanied by a large quantity appropriate jewellery, a large belt and a proper shield maiden hair do. Enjoy, I know I did :)





Photos by: Ida Mary Walker Larsen

My fiancé took a photo as well, where the embroidery shows a bit more:


No comments: